Sunday, May 17, 2009

Making Samples



Samples are the BEST way to let people experience the wonderful scents that SCENTSY has! I try and do a scent that is versatile for everyone like Lucky in Love, Sugar Cookie or Orange Dreamsicle.
To make easy samples this is what you'll need:
  • Wilton Chocolate Warmer (I found mine at Wal-Mart for $19 and I know you can get them at craft stores like Michael's which you could use one of their 40% coupons!)
  • Wilton candy molds (stars have turned out the best but I've also used hearts and circles)
  • Brick of your chosen SCENTSY scent
Simple Steps:
  • Break off a chunk of the SCENTSY brick and put it into your Wilton warmer, turned on to melt. I use about 1/3 of the brick at a time and use a butcher knife to break it up.
  • Stir it around as it melts with a spatula.
  • When melted, pour into the candy molds and let sit for a minute. Then transfer the molds into the freezer and they will harden super fast!
  • When hard, flip over the molds and pop out the shapes!
I put my molds into tiny plastic baggies I found in the bead section of my local craft store. I then put a business card inside with the name of the scent on the back or I put an address label with all my info directly on the baggie!
You can staple them to books or just hand them out when people inquire about Scentsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment